Weird Science is a LIVE eCourse
About this course:
Students will learn about different aspects of science through lessons and projects. This class is ideal for 8-13+ year olds.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS OVERVIEW:
Week 1: Salt water stunt. Students will test the density and buoyancy of water using water, salt, and eggs.
Week 2: DIY Volcano. Students will learn about the expansion of heated gases and how that causes volcanoes to erupt.
Week 3: The Real Miss Muffet. Students will learn how milk can be separated into solid and liquid part and what causes it.
Week 4: Which liquid has more pull? Students will learn that molecules of the same substance attract each other.
No additional applications or websites are needed for this course.
Parental guidance and participation is encouraged (if necessary).
Class takes place on the Zoom platform to allow for a real virtual classroom feel. Students should mute microphone upon entering class and will be given time to speak when prompted. Having your camera on is optional.
- Information pages and worksheets (provided)
- Detailed supplies list will be given with course syllabus
This course will meet:
- Every Thursday in February beginning Feb. 7th
- At 12:30p CST
- For a duration of 30 minutes
Subjects involved in this course are Science.
- Please provide the name(s) of the students you are enrolling and their age in the “NOTES” section
- A Course Syllabus (PDF download) with all important information will be emailed to you no later than 2 weeks before classes begin. All future correspondence pertaining to this course will happen via email. Make sure to whitelist email@example.com