Graphic Design w/ Canva is a LIVE eCourse
About this course:
Students will be introduced to graphic design using the Canva platform. They will learn how to create several designs, such as: social media graphics, invitations, flyers, and logos. This course is ideal for 13+ year olds.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS OVERVIEW:
Week 1: Introduction and tour of Canva.
Week 2: What design do I use for what? Design overview.
Week 3: Social media graphics
Week 4: Flyers and invitations
Week 5: Logos
Week 6: Design project show-off
Additional applications or websites are needed for this course for creating designs.
There will be homework due for Weeks 3-6. Submission information will be provided on the class syllabus provided in email sent upon enrollment.
Class takes place on the Zoom platform to allow for a real virtual classroom feel. Students should mute microphone upon entering class and will be given time to speak when prompted. Having your camera on is optional until “show time”.
- paper and pencil for note taking
- Canva (basic account is FREE)
This course will meet:
- Every Thursday in March and 1st 2 weeks in April beginning March 7th
- At 12:30p CST
- For a duration of 35 minutes
Subjects involved in this course are Art and Graphic Design.
- Please provide the name(s) of the students you are enrolling and their age in the “NOTES” section
- A Course Syllabus (PDF download) with all important information will be emailed to you no later than 2 weeks before classes begin. All future correspondence pertaining to this course will happen via email. Make sure to whitelist email@example.com