Beginner Map Skills is a LIVE eCourse
About this course:
Little Learners will be introduced to basic map skills through fun, engaging weekly activities. This course is ideal for 5-8 year olds.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS OVERVIEW:
Week 1: Which way do we go to find that? Students will learn how to locate objects on a map using a compass rose and positional words.
Week 2: The great outdoors – a look at the seven continents: where they are in the world, cool animals, sights, and popular food.
Week 3: My neighborhood, my town. A look at local and state maps.
Week 4: Map skills games to encourage memory of what was previously taught.
No additional applications or websites are needed for this course.
Parental guidance and participation is encouraged.
Class takes place on the Zoom platform to allow for a real virtual classroom feel. Students should mute microphone upon entering class and will be given time to speak when prompted. Having your camera on is optional.
- Kinder-Pants Geography activity book (you will be given a discount code to purchase this after enrollment)
This course will meet:
- Every Monday in February beginning Feb. 4th
- At 12:30p CST
- For a duration of 20-25 minutes
Subjects involved in this course are Social Studies and Geography.
- Please provide the name(s) of the students you are enrolling and their age in the “NOTES” section
- A Course Syllabus (PDF download) with all important information will be emailed to you no later than 2 weeks before classes begin. All future correspondence pertaining to this course will happen via email. Make sure to whitelist email@example.com