Basic Public Speaking is a LIVE eCourse
About this course:
Students will learn the basics of public (and virtual) speaking with confidence. This course is ideal for 15+ year olds.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS OVERVIEW:
Week 1: Introduction to public speaking, and topic selection.
Week 2: Speech preparation and outline.
Week 3: Gather facts, discuss speech order, etc.
Week 4: Speech checklist overview, question & answer about speech.
Week 5: First 3 speeches. Feedback and reflection.
Week 6: Last 3 speeches. Feedback and reflection.
Additional applications or websites are needed for this course for topic research and gathering material for speech.
There will be homework due for Weeks 1-4. Submission information will be provided on the class syllabus provided in email sent upon enrollment.
Class takes place on the Zoom platform to allow for a real virtual classroom feel. Students should mute microphone upon entering class and will be given time to speak when prompted. Having your camera on is optional until speech time.
- paper and pencil for note taking
This course will meet:
- Every Tuesday in March and 1st 2 weeks in April beginning Feb. 5th
- At 12:30p CST
- For a duration of 35 minutes
Subjects involved in this course are English and Communication.
- Please provide the name(s) of the students you are enrolling and their age in the “NOTES” section
- A Course Syllabus (PDF download) with all important information will be emailed to you no later than 2 weeks before classes begin. All future correspondence pertaining to this course will happen via email. Make sure to whitelist email@example.com