Over the few years that I have been a stay-at-home, work-from-home, homeschooling mom, there is one thing that I’ve learned… there is nothing like having the inspiration and encouragement from other Moms who understand, and simply ‘get it’!
Writing it all out, home is the word that rings out the most. I stay at home with my kiddos. I work from home so I can continue to stay at home with my kiddos. And we have chosen to homeschool our children, which means more home. Nevertheless, it’s not a bad thing though. Actually, it’s quite opposite.
It’s a calling. And it’s a good thing.
Yes, there are tons of “communities” out there from online forums and Facebook groups, to local groups and coops. I don’t want to take away from any of that, but what I do want to do is add another community.
Who has time for anything else… let alone another “community”?
Good question! Anyone that is looking for something fresh, something exciting, and something fun is who will benefit from what I have in mind.
During the month of November, I am hosting what I call a Thankful for Homeschooling Interactive & Inspirational Gathering for Moms! There’s no overwhelming commitment on your end except to sit back, relax, and enjoy the wave of encouragement and inspiration that is aimed to give you a boost in this journey.
If you’re wondering how this is going to take place, keep reading…
- The gathering itself will begin November 1st-30th (with the exception of Thanksgiving day).
- There will be a (closed) Facebook group created specifically for the event.
- Live gatherings will take place every Thursday @ 8pm CST (except Thanksgiving week, we will “meet” that Tuesday).
- In between live days, there will be interactive posts, tips & tricks, homeschool hacks, inspirational/encouraging videos, and more!
- There will also be a giveaway during each live gathering!
- The platform for this gathering will come from my newest book, Just for Today’s Homeschooling Mom. It is not mandatory that you have the book!
And if you still have questions, perhaps this will answer them…
- What if I miss the Live Gathering? That’s okay! Each video will be recorded live and posted for you to view at your convenience!
- Do I have to be present to win the giveaway? Yes. It’s so exciting to be able to celebrate the winner live!
- Can I invite anyone to the group since it is closed? Absolutely! Just please make sure to get permission from those you add to the group. With the hundreds of thousands of groups floating around Facebook land, we want to make sure that those being added want to actually be there.
- How will your book be used during the Gathering? Just for Today’s Homeschooling Mom is an inspirationally encouraging book that highlights many of the topics that will be discussed during the gathering. Since it is packed full of ready-to-use elements, it makes it easier to plan a successful time together!
- I know it’s not mandatory, but if I wanted to have the book as a reference, where can I purchase it? Just for Today’s Homeschooling Mom is available on Amazon (just search the title), and our Shop here on the website.
- Are there any restrictions that I should know about (spiritual beliefs, lifestyle, etc.)? This gathering is open to all homeschooling moms and those thinking about homeschooling. However, there will be occasional spiritual talk in reference to the belief in God (YHWH). If you, or someone you invite, may feel uncomfortable, it may be best to reconsider attending this particular gathering.
You may still have questions, so please don’t hesitate to ask! Comment them below, send me a message on Facebook, or an email to email@example.com
As I mentioned before, being able to fellowship with other moms who ‘get it’ can help relieve some of the pressures that come with this calling. The purpose of this gathering is for one solid month, we shift our focus to being thankful for homeschooling, the ups and downs, and encourage/inspire one another – no matter where we are in our journey. Newer homeschooling moms, seasoned homeschooling moms, those contemplating homeschooling – and the like – will benefit!
If you haven’t done so already, LIKE our Facebook Page – With the Huddleston’s – so you will see the event/group invite, updated information, and so on. Looking forward to a month of celebrating and being thankful for homeschooling!!
Until next time, happy homeschooling-