Live eCourses offered by Huddleston Academy Live Academics brings a unique and innovative approach to online learning. We value home education and the fact that each family is on their own unique journey. If you’re wondering whether or not HALA is for you, keep reading. (Course schedule can be found after the Q&A section.)
Why choose HALA?
If you are looking for high-energy, memorable courses that accommodate any learning style then you’ll love HALA! Teacher Michelle creates every course with the heart of children in mind. You can be assured that your child will:
- be given the opportunity to thrive
- have their natural abilities supported
- be inspired to learn
- be encouraged to use their creativity
- develop (and fashion) skills to reach learning goals
At HALA we care about meeting the needs of each individual child.
How many instructors are there?
There is 1 instructor – Teacher Michelle. Building a positive rapport and long-lasting relationship with your family is one of our top priorities. We want your child to feel comfortable every time they log into class and not have to worry about seeing different faces.
Is the instructor certified?
Teacher Michelle holds a Bachelors and Masters in Early Childhood Development & Education with an emphasis on Curriculum Design. Not only does she have almost a decade of education and classroom experience, she is also a homeschooling mom of four children ranging between 9 months old to 10 years old.
Why aren’t there many classes to choose from?
Classes offered each month are hand-selected to meet the academic needs for today’s generation. As the world of education changes so do the challenges and opportunities. Offering a select few of courses each month allows for a more narrowed focus and greater deliverablility.
What are the class capacities?
Class capacities are determined per course. The major factors considered when choosing the amount of students allotted per class is the extent of the curriculum layout and schedule. For example, the Lego Engineering class may have a capacity of 15 students whereas Basic Public Speaking may have a limit 7 students.
How much do the courses cost?
Prices are established per course and will be noted in the course description. *UPDATE: course costs are PER family instead of per student. 🙂
Are there additional fees?
Any digital resources required for a class will be provided for you. You will be responsible for providing any other materials needed for the class. A list of required resources and materials will be provided in the class description.
Do these classes count toward actual homeschool hours/credits?
Yes. Upon completing a course your child will be given a Certificate of Completion for your records. Each certificate will list the course completed and the amount of hours the course is worth.
What if my child misses a live class?
In the event your child misses a live class a recording will be made available for viewing only during the duration
Will HALA expand in the future?
ENROLLMENT OPENING SOON!
REMINDER: COURSE COSTS ARE PER FAMILY, instead of per student!
- Cursive Writing
- About this Course: All students will learn how to write fluidly in cursive. This class comes with a cursive writing workbook for in and out of class practice.
- Age/Level: 6-10 yrs (Early-Upper Elementary)
- Day/Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 12p CST
- Class length: 25 min
- Cost: $50
- Trees of Scripture Nature Study
- About this Course: Go on a virtual nature study through Scripture and learn about various trees. We will explore trees of old, what they look like, what they were used for, as well as how they are used today. This course comes with a Trees of Scripture workbook for in and out of class practice. Parental permission required as we will use YouTube as part of our virtual learning.
- Age/Level: 10yrs+ (Upper Elementary+)
- Day/Time: Wednesdays @ 12:30p CST
- Class length: 35 mins
- Cost: $35
- Effective Essay Writing
- About this Course: There are several skills at play when writing an essay effectively. Students will learn the steps to writing a essay and put these steps into practice through weekly lectures and assignments. Each week will focus on a different aspect: writing an outline, defining, comparing/contrasting, persuasion, and analysis. This course comes with an effective essay writing resource that will serve as a weekly guide for lectures and assignments.
- Age/Level: 11-15yrs (Middle-High School)
- Class length: 45 min
- Date/Time: Thursdays @ 12:30p CST
- Cost: $45
- LEGO Engineering
- About this Course: Students will brainstorm design ideas that will be used as challenges for the entire class to complete. Engineering skills will be put to the test with design challenges such as: build with one color, build something using only 20 pieces, and so on. Students will have share time at the end of each class.
- Age/Level: 8-12yrs (Upper Elementary-Middle)
- Class length: 35 min
- Date/Time: Mondays @ 12:30p CST
- Cost: $35