Fall is one of my favorite seasons, especially for enjoying some fall family fun! The cooler weather means all things cardigan, Rocket Dog boots, soups, and pumpkin spice! My husband thinks I go a little overboard with the pumpkin stuff, but whatever!
Now that we’re a full quiver family of 7 (read about my most recent birth here), I am strategic about what we do and how we do it. Even if you don’t have a large family, you’ll love my tips and suggestions on how to have the most fun during the fall season!
Best Ideas for Fall Family Fun
With a variety of ages, Bryan and I want to be able to enjoy ourselves just as much as the kids. This list is generated with that thought in mind plus travel distance, cost, and large family accommodations. Enjoy!
Field Trip-Style Ideas
As a homeschooling mama, I’m not quite sure what else to call these fun day trips, but I’m sure you get my point. Here are some ideas of trips to do with your family:
- Pick apples at a local pumpkin patch.
- Learn about apple harvesting at a local apple orchard.
- Visit a local dairy barn and learn the process from cow to store shelf.
- Take a country drive and enjoy the fall scenery.
- Visit a museum.
- Go for a hike or nature walk at a state park.
I really dislike even saying this, but since the pandemic hit, activities to do at home are on the rise. I will forever be an advocate for getting out and living life as usual, but you can still have family fun with these backyard ideas:
- Build a fire pit.
- Roast smores and hot dogs.
- Go on a backyard scavenger hunt.
- Jump in leaf piles.
- Camp out.
- Have a fall-themed cookout.
- Ride bikes.
Indoor Fall Fun Ideas
As the weather gets cooler, you may want to spend more time indoors. No worries, these ideas will keep you and your kiddos busy:
- Have themed dinner nights.
- Bake desserts together.
- Create a family storytime.
- Sing karaoke.
- Watch your favorite movies.
- Create a fall-themed art or craft.
- Take a virtual field trip.
Visit our Amazon Storefront for games, books, and toys we recommend!
CHIME IN: What are your favorite things to do in the fall as a family? Let me know in the comments below!