PLEASE NOTE: The second Pen Pal Program cycle begins January 1st – March 31st. Matching will begin December 20th. Deadline to enroll for this cycle is December 27th.
*You may still fill out an enrollment form beyond this point; however, a match is not guaranteed, and your child will most likely be placed on hold for Cycle 3 (April 1 – June 30th).
How neat would it be for your son(s) and/or daughter(s) to receive a postcard or handwritten letter from someone living in a totally different area? Imagine the possibilities of curriculum-related ideas that could branch from it… practice with literacy skills, writing, geography, and (most important in my opinion) patience!
I’ve been looking for a reliable pen pal program for my children, and since I couldn’t quite find one… I figured why not make one?! If this is something you are interested in, please continue reading the policies and procedures below:
With the Huddleston’s Pen Pal Program Policies and Procedures:
* Until further notice, our Pen Pal program is only available for children grades 1-6 (ages 6-12). Depending on the popularity and requests, we may consider opening it to more grades/ages.
* Your child(ren) will be matched with an age/grade and gender appropriate pen pal, unless otherwise confirmed with both parents that an opposite-gender match is okay.
* Upon filling out the form, you (the parent and child) agree to keep all information passed along to you strictly confidential and only used for the sole purpose of sending pen pal mail.
* Our Pen Pal program involves at least a 3 month commitment and will be broken up into “cycles”. This means you (the parent) agrees to ensure that your child(ren) send their pen pal at least one postcard and/or handwritten letter per month for three consecutive months.
* In the second month of the cycle, you will be sent an email and asked if you’d like to stay signed up for the next cycle in which a new pen pal partner will be assigned. If you decide to cancel, you can do so through the instructions sent in this email.
* Grounds for being terminated from our Pen Pal program are as follows (but not limited to): not upholding confidentiality, sending inappropriate mail, not adhering to the three month commitment, and falsifying information.
If you can agree to abide by these policies and procedures, please continue to filling out the enrollment form. These policies and procedures can change at any time. Please wait at least 2 weeks to receive pen pal information. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “question(s)” in the subject line. We will do our best to reply within 24 hours.
*FORM UPDATE: you may now enroll multiple children using one form. If you need to sign up more than three children, please submit additional child’s information through email to email@example.com (please put “Additional Enrollments” in the subject line).